Click here for the latest, full USAPA guidance on safe return to play. It’s quite detailed and helpful. Here’s a summary of items of particular interest:
- Consider playing with only family members or others who reside in your household.
- Wash your hands with soap and water and bring personal use hand sanitizer to the courts.
- Clean and wipe down your paddles and water bottles. Do not share paddles or any other equipment or clothing.
- Bring a full personal use water bottle(s) and avoid touching or using public water fountains.
- Bring tissues or a handkerchief for contained sneezing and coughing or consider wearing a mask.
- Consider wearing gloves to the courts and avoid touching court gates, fences, benches, etc.
- Also consider wearing gloves during play to avoid picking up pickleballs with your hands.
- Coordinate with your play group so that each person serves with a different color ball. If multiple colors are not an option, use a sharpie and prominently mark personal pickleballs with your initials.
- Do not play if you are exhibiting any symptoms of coronavirus, have been in contact with anyone with COVD-19 in the past 14 days, or are a vulnerable individual over age 65 or with serious underlying health conditions.